Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Elizabeth Bibesco
I think this quote is really important. I think it speaks truth but all could be reworded differently. I think that when you give you should only remember the good not remember selfishly. 
Every time I give whether it’s my time and money I don’t selfishly remember. I only remember how good I felt while doing it and all of the amazing memories that I received from doing it. I will never forget what it is like to give to a homeless person and know the impact that I had on them or the times that I volunteer at my church or in the hospital. I have become so much more grateful for things through doing those things that I will never forget. 
When I receive or take things from people I don’t forget it because I know how honored I am to be receiving and taking something when someone else could be receiving that gift or act of kindness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment