Thursday, December 15, 2011

Giving



"Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others."
Elbert Hubbard
I completely agree with this quote. I volunteer at Poudre Valley Hospital and have met all types of people. People who know that they have a deadly disease like cancer, or a heart problem, a brain tumor, or know that there premature baby is really sick and might not make it. Having experiencing being around those people has taught me to be grateful for what I do have because I could have much less like those people. Most of those people don’t take for granted the time they have with their loved ones but cherish them and feel that they don’t need anything but for healing of their loved one and  another day with them. 
I have received so much more knowledge and appreciation for what I have from volunteering and giving to others. I used to always think that I need something and that what I have isn’t enough, but now I know that I am lucky to have the stuff I do and not be in those situations that some are in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment