Thursday, December 15, 2011

Poverty

We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.
       -
Mother Teresa
Photo of poor little boy


This quote has opened my eyes. I used to think that poverty was just those who don’t make money, are starving, and homeless. I would of never thought that poverty is something like not be loved, or happy. 
This quote made me feel bad and was an eyeopener to me. I realized that I as well as many other have probably made someone feel, unwanted, unloved, or uncared which is the greatest poverty. 
It has affected my actions. I know make more of a conscious effort to love everyone and make them feel worthy, important and cared for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment